There are a lot of projects that can be done before selling a home, but these simple ideas are key to a clean, professional presentation…
- Power wash deck, patio and driveway
- Wash and touch up paint baseboards and walls
- Reseal and refresh grout lines
- Wash windows
- Replace torn screens
- Plant drought resistant flowers outside
- Put away any personal photos. You want potential buyers to picture themselves living in your home.
- Paint your home a neutral color. Again, you want potential buyers to picture themselves living in your home and personalizing it to their tastes.
- “Stage” the home before anyone goes through it. Set the table nicely, put away knick-knacks and dirty dishes, make the beds, fluff the sofa pillows, make the faucets and mirrors shiny, etc…pretend like the person you most admire in the world is coming over and present accordingly.